Vietnam and Cambodia Waterway 9 days -test
Experience the quintessence of Mekong Delta and cherish the heartfelt hospitality of local people.
A wonderfully designed itinerary transporting you through the best of Vietnam and Cambodia enables you to dig into the rustic charm of mighty Mekong Delta and the richness and prosperity of ancient civilization in Cambodia. Your journey will start in Ho Chi Minh City (aka Saigon) – the bustle and hustle city with many famous French colonial landmarks such as Notre-Dame Cathedral, Saigon Central Post Office and Ben Thanh Market. Next days, you will take the fascinating boat tour to discover Can Tho – the epicenter of Mekong Delta. You will also visit Chau Doc – home to significant communities of Chinese, Cham, and Khmer communities. With your own local guide, you will have chances of discovering the cultural diversity there through the amazing stories and traditional folk songs. Continue your journey with a trip to Phnom Penh – the vibrant city which is deep in history and rich in culture. Before traveling to Tonle Sap Lake, you will visit Angkor Wat – the iconic of Khmer Empire.
Highlights of the tour package:
- Soak up the hustle and bustle of Ho Chi Minh City
- Discover the breath of life in mighty Mekong Delta through the colorful floating markets
- Savor every moment among the sleepy charm of coconut palm and lushly green fruit orchards
- Explore Siem Reap City and immersed in Cambodian Culture
- Enjoy the exquisite flavors of local cuisine
- Living out your travel dreams exploring the famous ruins of Angkor Wat and surrounding temples
- Experience community spirit in Tonle Sap Lake
- Private door-to-door pick-up & drop-off services
- All private transportation
- Accommodation shared in Double room with daily breakfast
- All domestic flights
- Experienced English speaking guide
- Private boat trip as per tour
- Meals as stated in the itinerary (B: Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Dinner)
- All sightseeing tickets
- Tissues and water on coach
- Vietnam Visa On Arrival pre-approved letter Services charges and government tax
- Exclusive and personalized single agent/single customer service
- No extra charge after services confirmation 24/7 hotline support guaranteed
- International flights & departure taxes if any
- Personal expenses, tips, and gratuities
- Travel insurance Beverage Peak season or public holidays surcharge (if any)
- Vietnam visa stamp fee (US$ 25 & 1 passport photo for each person)
- Other services not mentioned above
Day 1. Ho Chi Minh City Arrival
You will be warmly welcomed upon arrival Ho Chi Minh airport and transferred to your hotel. Free at leisure to relax in the rest of the day. And you will get a cozy overnight stay in Ho Chi Minh City.
Day 2: Ho Chi Minh City - Vinh Long - Can Tho
You take a drive through the Mekong Delta to the town of Vinh Long for a cruise and a visit to the local markets and orchard gardens. From here you will get back to Vinh Long where we will board our vehicle for the drive to Can Tho, the heart of Mekong Delta. Overnight in Can Tho.
Day 3: Can Tho
Early get up to enjoy breakfast on the "Lady Hau" while cruising to the floating market. When the "Lady Hau" arrives at Cai Rang floating market, guests are transferred to a local traditional boat to enter the market. Then, continue cruising with the hotel's guide along narrow creeks to visit a noodle factory and an orchard. After sampling local fruits, our guide will escort the guests back to the hotel by local boat through myriad canals. Free time during the afternoon in the most comfortable property in the Mekong Delta. Overnight in Can Tho
Day 4: Can Tho - Chau Doc
Day 5: Chau Doc - Phnom Penh
Late wake-up. Take your time to enjoy a buffet breakfast or read before boarding Victoria Express boat upstream to the Mekong River to reach Cambodia's capital, Phnom Penh. Upon arrival at Phnom Penh, you will be greeted at the airport and transferred to your hotel. Free at leisure in Phnom Penh. Overnight in Phnom Penh.
Day 6: Phnom Penh
Following breakfast, we take a city tour including the Royal Place, Silver Pagoda, the National Museum, the Tuel Sleng Museum of Genocide, Russia Market and Wat Phnom Temple. Overnight in Phnom Penh.
Day 7: Phnom Penh - Siem Reap & Angkor Wat
Transfer to airport for a short flight from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap. Once in Siam Reap, you visit the fascinating ruins of Ta Prohm shrouded undergrowth and the roots of Banyan trees. From here we head for Banteay kdau and the nearby lake of Sras Srang - "the King's bath". In the afternoon, start exploring Angkor Thom the South Gate, Bayon with 4 enigmatic giant faces, The Royal Enclosure, Phimeanakas, the Elephant Terrace and the Terrace of the Leper King. Dinner and enjoy watching Khmer Folk of charming Apsara dance show at local restaurant. Overnight in Siem Reap.
Day 8: Angkor Wat
Following breakfast at the hotel, we drive 45 km from Siem Reap to Pre Rup and The East Mebon, visit Banteay Srei - the 10th-century Cambodian temple dedicated to the Hindu god Shiva. You will also visit Banteay Kdei - the "Citadel of Chamber". In contrast to the crowd and the golden fame of Angkor Wat, Banteay Kdei is overgrown and seemingly forgotten. But the ruins are still a fascinating maze of chambers that are a delight to explore. In the afternoon, you will discover The World Seventh Wonder Angkor Wat. You will have enough time to cherish the gorgeous sunset beauty. After that, enjoy local cuisine and overnight in Siem Reap
Day 9: Tonle Sap Lake - Departure Siem Reap