Just 90 km from Hanoi, Tam Dao was created at the beginning of the 20th century by the French as a holiday resort for the wealthy.
It is located north west of Hanoi at an elevation of almost 1,200 meters, surrounded by sheer cliffs and jungle. Because of its height above sea level the temperature remains pleasant and comfortable year round. These days Tam Dao is popular with day-trippers from Hanoi who wish to escape the heat and stress of city life.
You leave Hanoi at around 8.30 am for a 2-hour journey along highway 23. Once you turn off the highway the road becomes narrow and very winding as you drive up the mountains. You spend the day at Tam Dao sunbathing by the swimming pool, hiking to the 45 meter high Silver Waterfall and visiting a Temple dedicated to the Goddess of the Jungle. You can walk around before starting our journey back to Hanoi.
- Private pick-up & drop-off services
- Private tour with English or French speaking guide
- Daily departure from Hanoi.
- All private transportation and transfers
- English speaking guide
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Admission fees and permits where applicable
- Services charges and government taxes.
- Pre & post accommodation
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Pre & Post accommodation