Mysteries of Mekong Waterways 5 days
The five days on the complex maze of the Mekong Delta is adventurous enough for some people, but this tour gives a taste of life on the Mekong River and its tributaries.
The tour begins in Ho Chi Minh City and from here we drive to Cai Be in the heart of the Mekong Delta. Here we board our boat enabling us to view this amazing area much as the locals do. Gliding on the bustling waterways we shop at floating markets, eat tropical fruits in lush orchards, discover the art of Bonsai growing and have tea in a typical boathouse.
- Private door-to-door pick-up & drop-off services
- All private transportation
- Accommodation shared in Double room with daily breakfast
- Experienced English speaking guide
- Private boat trip as per tour
- Meals as stated in the itinerary (B: Breakfast ; L: Lunch ; D: Dinner)
- All sightseeing tickets
- Tissues and water on coach
- Vietnam Visa On Arrival pre-approved letter
- Services charges and government tax
- Exclusive and personalized single agent/single customer service
- No extra charge after services confirmation
- 24/7 hotline support guaranteed
- International flights & departure taxes if any
- Personal expenses, tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance
- Other services not mentioned above
Day 1: HCMC- Chau Doc (L)
Pick up at your hotel in Saigon and drive to Chau Doc with visit and stop along the way. This evening you will be in the Mekong Delta. Overnight in Chau Doc.
Day 2: Chau Doc - Can Tho (B/L)
In the morning you will take a sampan cruising to visit the floating fish farm and the Cham weaving village. Transfer heading up the Sam Mountain for a great sunset and a birds-eye view over the rice paddy fields toward Cambodia and visit Lady Xu temple. After lunch in Chau Doc you continue down to Can Tho where we are staying over night. Stop to visit the Bang Lang bird sanctuary, the incense stick village and the crocodile farm. Overnight in Can Tho.
Day 3: Can Tho - Soc Trang - Can Tho (B/L)
An early morning start today as we travel by boat to the Cai Rang floating market, complete with its many fully-laden boats selling fresh, local produce. You then drive to Phung Hiep floating market where seven tributaries of the Mekong River converge, before heading out to Soc Trang. Here you explore the Clay pagoda and Bat pagoda. Drive back to Can Tho for overnight.
Day 4: Can Tho - Vinh Long homestay (B/L/D)
This morning you set off for a drive through the Mekong Delta to Vinh Long. Here you will board our private boat for a cruise along the maze of waterways and canals of Vinh Long. You will stop at the home of a Bonsai gardener for a sumptuous Delta lunch, before continuing our exploration of the tributaries and canals. Toward the end of the day you arrive at the home of a local family whose house is built on stilts over the water. These people will be our hosts for the evening and will share tales with us of life in the delta. Homestay overnight.
Day 5: Vinh Long - Cu Chi Tunnels - HCMC (B/L)
|Cities||Hotels List||Room Type|
|Deluxe Category / 5-star hotel|
|Can Tho||Victoria Can Tho Resort||Deluxe|
|Chau Doc||Victoria Chau Doc Hotel||Deluxe|
|Vinh Long||Home Stay||Standard|