Island Life Experience for 4 days in Cat Ba Island
An exotic destination with pristine beaches, secluded lagoons, caves, tropical forests and lakes allows you to discover the best places for kayaking, biking, boating, and swimming.
Cat Ba Island is close to Halong Bay in the North of Vietnam and provides authentic experiences for discerning guests who want to have fun and adventure. It is ideal for young adventure travelers who are seeking something new, unique and special. An exotic destination with pristine beaches, secluded lagoons, caves, tropical forests and lakes allows you to discover the best places for kayaking, biking, boating, and swimming.
- Discover Lan Ha Bay and relax on its beaches
- Trek through Cat Ba National Forest to explore the animal and plant world
- Bike to Viet Hai Village to see the fishing village and explore the daily life of local people.
- Taste fresh seafood
- Visit a floating village
- Overnight on an exotic island away from the tourist crowds, and enjoy the romantic scenery when the moon rises over the sea
- Kayak through caves and discover hidden lagoons
- Private door-to-door pick-up & drop-off service
- All private transfers and transportation
- Accommodation shared in Twin/Double room with daily breakfast
- Experienced English or French speaking guide
- Meals as stated in the itinerary (B: Breakfast ; L: Lunch ; D: Dinner)
- All sightseeing tickets
- Boat as stated in the itinerary
- Tissues and water on the coach
- Complimentary ‘visa on arrival letter’ for your Vietnamese visa
- Service charges and government taxes
- Exclusive and personalized agent for each guest
- No extra charges after confirmation
- 24/7 hotline support guaranteed
- International flights & departure taxes if any
- Personal expenses, tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance
- Peak season or public holidays surcharge (if any)
- Compulsory Gala dinner on X-Mas or New Year (if any)
- Vietnam visa stamp fee (US$ 25 & 1 passport photo for each person)
- Other services not mentioned above
Day 1: Hanoi – Cat Ba Island (L)
Today, begin your trip to explore Cat Ba Island. The expressway 5B Hanoi to Hai Phong cuts down the journey to 1:30 hours, and the local ferry to Cat Ba Island takes 1 hour. Once arriving at Cat Ba Pier, you will be greeted and transferred to the hotel for check-in followed by lunch at local restaurant.
In the afternoon, you take a half-day walking tour to visit the fish sauce production factory and learn about the main industry of the island. We then head by motorbike to see a panoramic view of Cat Ba Island from Cannon Fort. The old fort is very interesting and you can see old bunkers and helicopter landing stations built into the island from the previous wars. If time permits, you can relax on the beach or take a refreshing swim. Overnight in Cat Ba.
Day 2: Half Day Cat Ba National Forest Trekking & Hospital Cave (B/L)
After breakfast, at 08:30 am, you will take an adventure to explore Cat Ba National Forest. Our car will pick you up at the hotel and then transfer to Cat Ba National Forest for hiking to Ngu Lam Mountain Peak. It will give you a real appreciation of just how big and beautiful this island really is!
After trekking in Cat Ba National Park, you will visit Hospital Cave. It is one of the new routes opened on the trek, having been previously closed since 1966, during the Vietnam War. Hospital Cave was built with the support of the Chinese government e to rescue soldiers and treat people from the island during wartime.
After this, you return to Cat Ba Town by car for lunch at a local restaurant.
At 2:30 pm, you will take a boat to Monkey Island and visit the floating village to understand the daily life of local people. There are plenty of monkeys to see and interact with on the island along with time to swim at the beach. After that, you take a boat back to Cat Ba for your overnight stay.
Day 3: Biking to Viet Hai Village - Lan Ha Bay – Nam Cat Island (B/L/D)
8:00a.m: After breakfast, you will be greeted by our guide and transferred to Beo Pier for checking in on the boat for the trip to explore Lan Ha Bay. On arriving at Viet Hai Fishing Village, you take a leisurely bike ride through Viet Hai Village which is considered an 'isolated paradise‘. It is located between the valley and surrounding high mountains and jungle, and the people here still retain the wild character of the ancient past. After 1 hour biking and sightseeing in this Village, we return to the boat for lunch. Later on, the boat takes you to explore Lan Ha Bay and you have time to relax and swim at Ba Trai Dao Beach. This is the best place to do some kayaking, and you can travel through the Dark Cave and Night Cave while exploring the peaceful lagoon before heading back to Nam Cat Island. Here, you can enjoy some private time at your leisure, relaxing, sunbathing on the beach or partaking in activities available at the bungalows like playing football, volleyball, or more kayaking. Overnight at Cat Ba Sandy Beach Resort.
Day 4: Nam Cat Island – Cat Ba – Hanoi (B/L)
|Cities||Hotels List||Room Type|
|Superior Category / 3-star hotel|
|Cat Ba||Hung Cuong||Deluxe|
|Cat Ba Sandy Beach Resort||Bungalow|
|First Class Category / 4-star hotel|
|Cat Ba||Cat Ba Island Resort||Deluxe|
|Cat Ba Sandy Beach Resort||Bungalow|