Home Stay in Mekong Delta 2 days
While you may not have access to the luxury comforts you get with most of our tours, you will experience gracious hosts and a unique perspective on this special home stay.
This two day package trip offers a glimpse into the agrarian life of the vibrant Southern Delta region as you wind your way through the tributaries of the Mekong Delta. From your boat, you will be able to closely observe the daily rituals of river life and participate in the bustling commercial activities as you buy fruits from the floating market. Along the way, you will visit an orchard, handicraft village, and a land market with an abundance of colourful fresh fruits and vegetables. Best of all, you will stay overnight in the traditional style house of a local family.
- Private pick-up & drop-off services
- Private tour with English or French speaking guide
- Daily departure from HCMC
- Private door-to-door pick-up & drop-off services
- All private transportation
- Experienced English or French speaking guide
- Home stay
- Private boat trip, bike
- Meals as stated in the itinerary (B: Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Dinner)
- All sightseeing tickets
- Tissues and water on coach
- Services charges and government tax
- Exclusive and personalized single agent/single customer service
- No extra charge after services confirmation
- 24/7 hotline support guaranteed
- International flights & departure taxes if any
- Personal expenses, tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance
- Other services not mentioned above
Day 1: HCMC - Vinh Long (L/D)
This morning you set off for a drive through the Mekong Delta to the town of Cai Be, well-known for its floating market. Here you will take a boat trip to visit a pottery factory and continue by boat to An Binh Island. You will stop at the home of a Bonsai gardener for a sumptuous Delta lunch, including the popular dish of "Elephant Ear fish". You will take a row boat through the canals to see bonsai gardens before changing to a motor boat on your way to your home stay. You will have free time to chat with your host or you can bike ride around the fruit gardens or simply walk around the island to get in touch with villagers, monks in the pagoda or talk to school children. You will have dinner with your hosts.
Day 2: Vinh Long - HCMC (B/L)
Rising early to the sounds of the Delta coming to life, you will have breakfast and then take a boat trip to join in the Cai Be floating market. Following this, you will rejoin your car to go to the town of My Tho, where you will visit the Dong Tam snake farm and the Vinh Trang pagoda, before your return to your hotel in HCMC and the end of services.
|Cities||Hotels List||Room Type|
|Vinh Long||Home Stay||Standard|