Just 100 km from Hanoi, Van Long is an area of astounding natural beauty with limestone peaks whose splendor is often said to surpass that of Ha Long Bay.
It is true that this area is often referred to as the new “Ha Long Bay on Land”. The tour includes being rowed along the Van Long River, which makes for a truly unforgettable experience, passing between towering limestone peaks.
You will be picked up at 8:30 am at your hotel lobby. You will leave Hanoi and head south for a 2-hour drive along Highway 1. You will spend one hour visiting the Dinh and Le temples of the Ancient Capital Hoa Lu and then you will move to Van Long for lunch. You may also enjoy an optional oxcart ride to Van Long Wharf for a 2-hour boat trip along the Van Long River. Along the way, you will see caves, green rice fields, limestone mountains and the rural life of the locals before returning to Hanoi at 6:00 pm.
- Private pick-up & drop-off services
- Private tour with English or French speaking guide
- Daily departure from Hanoi.
- All private transportation and transfers
- Sampan trip
- English speaking guide
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Admission fees and permits where applicable
- Services charges and government taxes
- Pre & post accommodation
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance