Full Day HCMC City Tour
Saigon, as the city is still frequently referred to, is Vietnam ‘s largest city with a population in excess of 6 million. It is a fast-paced city full of contrasts as street vendors selling fruit and vegetables can be seen next to glitzy western-style bars and boutiques.
Saigon’s history is only 300 years old, less than a third that of the capital, Hanoi. In 1859, the city was captured by the French and became the capital of Cochinchina. From 1956 until its dramatic demise in April 1975, Saigon was the capital of the US-backed Republic of Vietnam.
Today Ho Chi Minh City is very much the heart of Vietnamese business and entrepreneurs. The city’s skyline is rapidly changing, reflecting the sharp influx of foreign trade within the last decade. And yet the city still retains its connections to the past, particularly in Cholon, the city’s Chinatown. Here dozens of elegant temples and pagodas can be seen. The French left their mark here – as the city has many street cafes and patisseries where fresh croissants can be enjoyed with a cup of coffee.
This city tour unravels HCMC’s turbulent past and also provides a glimpse into the fascinating variety the city has to offer. The tour is split into a morning and afternoon schedule, with a tasty lunch in between! At 9 a.m. you will be a picked up from your hotel.
- Private pick-up & drop-off services
- Private tour with English or French speaking guide
- Daily departure from HCMC: Am: 08:00-17:00
- All private transportation
- Private door-to-door pick-up & drop-off services
- Experienced English or French speaking guide.
- Vietnamese 5-course set menu Euro-Asia Buffet on Bonsai cruise
- All sightseeing tickets
- Tissues and water on coach.
- Services charges and government tax
- Exclusive and personalized single agent/single customer service
- No extra charge after services confirmation
- 24/7 hotline support guaranteed
- Personal expenses, tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance
- Other services not mentioned above.