Myanmar’s appeal to luxury travelers lies in the way it has been unaffected by modern developments. The country attracts an increasing number of high-end visitors with its colonial properties such as the Orient Express’ Governor’s Residence in Yangon and growing number of boutique hotels across the country.
This is a land where holy men clad in traditional longyi are revered, thousands of ancient, religious stupas rise out of flat plains and floating-village life ebbs and flow upon Inle Lake. For a glimpse of old Indochina, there isn’t a more eye-opening destination than this mysterious country, which only began allowing Western travelers across its borders in recent years.
Yangon, the country’s capital, is an intriguing mix of British, Burmese, Chinese and Indian influences, which is evident from its colonial architecture to its unique cuisine. In this deeply Buddhist country, pagodas are scattered across the land, and some of the most impressive ones can be found in Yangon, including the Shwedagon Pagoda and the Sule Pagoda.
In Mandalay, Myanmar’s major commercial center, you can explore sites such as the monastery-studded Mandalay Hill, a pilgrimage site for Buddhists for nearly two centuries. Perhaps the best way to experience both the romance of the colonial era and see the Burmese people’s day-to-day realities is by cruising on the Ayeyarwady River all the way to Bagan, disembarking at temples and viewing life along the river.
In Yangon and Mandalay are Myanmar’s capitals of culture and commerce, then Bagan is the country’s spiritual center. Over 2,000 pagodas, stupas, and temples dot the golden plains of Bagan. This is a once in a lifetime sight to behold and is best seen from above in a private hot air balloon, which can be arranged by Luxury Myanmar Travel. Other highlights include the Ananda Temple (the best preserved in the city) and Mount Popa, a stunning volcano that serves as an ancient Buddhist pilgrimage site.
Our luxury Myanmar tours introduce Myanmar from an insider’s perspective. All itineraries include an expert Burmese guide accompanying you throughout your tour, providing an unrivaled level of service and insight, and the opportunity to meet local families, tour villages, and visit lesser-known temples and attractions while you discover the charm of this mystic land in style.
- Private pick-up & drop-off services
- Private tour with excellent English speaking guide
- Date of departure is at your discretion
- Private door-to-door pick-up & drop-off services
- All private transportation
- Accommodation shared in Double/Twin room with daily breakfast
- Experienced English or French speaking guide
- All In-tour flights as per itinerary
- Private boat trip
- Meals as stated in the itinerary (B: Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Dinner)
- All sightseeing tickets
- Tissues and water on coach
- Guaranteed visa on arrival letter
- Services charges and government tax
- Exclusive and personalized single agent/single customer service
- No extra charge after services confirmation
- Guaranteed 24/7 hotline support
- Personal expenses, tips, and gratuities
- Travel insurance
- Myanma Visa stamp fee
- Peak season or Public holidays surcharge if any
- Compulsory Gala dinner on X-Mas or New Year if any
- Other services not mentioned above