Cycling Trip to Mai Chau 2 days
Just 160 kilometers from Hanoi, Mai Chau offers you a balance of cultural interest and physical activity in the form of cycling, set amidst some of northern Vietnam’s most stunning scenery.
On this biking tour, you will discover Vietnam’s village life in a remote setting. Mountain bikers will love this biking trip for the variety of trails, from good single track paths and undulating rough jeep trails to some climbs that end with amazing descents.
The ride passes through many villages, across lush rice paddies and above a valley with stunning views. You’ll get to know the local hill tribe people (the White Tai) and their culture better when you have an overnight stay in a local home. Or, you can opt to stay at the Mai Chau Lodge.
The next day the rewards continue with a mostly downhill ride to Hoa Binh. You will drive to Cao Phong and cycle from Cao Phong to the village of Giang Mo, home to the Muong people.
Then, you will visit Giang Mo Village before transferring back to Hanoi.
- Private pick-up and drop off service
- All transportation and transfers
- English or French speaking guide
- Professional mountain bike and helmet
- Homestay or Mai Chau Lodge
- Daily breakfast
- Additional meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Admission fees and permits
- Drinking water What To Bring Items: Passport, change & hat, toiletries, sun-block, insect repellent, sun-glasses Special Notes:
- Twin shared room in the best accommodation
- Meals: Vietnamese food
- Guide: English speaking guide
- Proper attire is needed to visit the pagodas, temples
- This tour itinerary and tour prices are subject to change without notice, please refer to our terms and condition before booking
- Please travel responsibly: The small things you do will make a big difference. You and Luxury Travel can create better places for people to live and better places for people to visit. When to cycle Year round Difficulty: Easy/moderate
- Visa fee and visa stamp fee
- Pre & post accommodation
- Personal expenses tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance
Day 1: Hanoi - Mai Chau - Pong Cong Village
Today you will take a drive West toward Mai Chau with one stop in Hoa Binh City for refreshments and coffee. You will continue driving toward Mai Chau Valley, about another 1.5 hours away, stopping on the way to take in the spectacular scenery. You will start cycling from Tong Dau to Lac Village in the Thai Minority region (10km). Following lunch, you will begin a ride of 15 km through Pong Cong, Van Mai, Xo and Xam Khoe villages in this beautiful valley, going from one village to another and having a chance to get in touch with local villagers going about their daily business tilling the fields, logging or herding buffalo. Our driver will meet you at Khoe Village for transfer back to Lac Village for dinner and an overnight stay.
Accommodation: Home Stay or Mai Chau Lodge
Cycling distance: 25 km
Day 2: Lac Village - Hang Kia - Cao Phong
Following breakfast, you will drive up to Hang Kia Pa Co to visit the Flowers and Black Hmong hill tribes. You will have your very own personal guide, with a private vehicle and chauffeur, exclusively for your party and no one else. This simply translates into greater flexibility, better comfort and personalized service, so you can cycle where you want to. Leaving Hang Kia Village, the rewards continue with a mostly downhill ride to Hoa Binh Town where you will have lunch. Next, you will drive to Cao Phong and from there cycle to Giang Mo village, home of the Muong Minority (2 hours). You will visit Giang Mo Village before transferring back to Hanoi.
Cycling Distance: 20 km
|Cities||Hotels List||Room Type|
|MAI CHAU LODGE|
|MAI CHAU ECOLODGE|