Most travelers go by road to Cu Chi, but you will take a half day excursion by waterway to the famous tunnels, which stretched for over 200 km and became legendary during the 1960s when they played a vital part in the American War.
The new way to visit the tunnels is very convenient, taking just 1 hour and 15 minutes to get from Ho Chi Minh City, with NO traffic jams! You can admire the perspective of the HCMC skyline as you cruise upstream on the new yacht.
You will start from Bach Dang Pier and head to Cu Chi (Ben Dinh), which now is a popular spot for both Vietnamese and foreign tourists. Here, you will step into a jungle of banyan trees and take a short walk to the “iron triangle” of Cu Chi. You will have plenty of time to explore the tunnel system and watch a video about them, which includes commentary from former soldiers to help you better understand the history of the area. In their heyday, the tunnels was a functioning underground city including numerous trap doors, specially constructed living areas, storage facilities, weapons factories, field hospitals, command centers & kitchens.
After an hour and a half visiting the Tunnels, the boat will go to Binh Quoi Village where numerous thatched cottages in the Northern countryside are found. You can join the great Vietnamese cooking show as you take part in the preparation and cooking process (including Vietnamese special foods such as: Rice pan cake, deep fried sticky rice ball, and spring rolls). This show will let you learn how to cook special dishes of Vietnam and enjoy the meal after cooking lesson at the riverside. If you prefer not to join the cooking show, you can sit by the riversides and enjoy fresh coconut under the shade of a coconut tree or take a walk around the village. This lush garden-like ground with lawns, coconut trees, creeks, and thatched cottages, offers you a view of days gone by in Vietnam’s Mekong Delta region and will satisfy busy travelers, who can appreciate the slow pace and a break from everyday life.
After 2 hours in Binh Quoi Village, you are brought back to Bach Dang Jetty where the trip will end.
- Private pick-up & drop-off services
- Private tour with English or French speaking guide
- Daily departure from HCMC: Am: 08:00-12:00 ; Pm: 13:00-17:00
- Private door-to-door pick-up & drop-off services
- All private transportation
- Entrance ticket fee
- Experienced English or French speaking guide.
- Meals included in tour
- Tissues and water on coach
- Services charges and government tax
- Exclusive and personalized single agent/single customer service
- No extra charge after services confirmation
- 24/7 hotline support guaranteed
- Personal expenses, tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance
- Other services not mentioned above.