“Nothing is more wonderful than combining the most varied dining adventures, along with luxury accommodations all over the country with one of our Culture and Gourmet tours in Vietnam.”
What to expect from Culture and Gourmet tours?
Tours that combine the joys of experiencing a new country in-depth, getting to the heart of its history along with tasting new exotic flavors are among the amazing experiences you can have in our Culture and Gourmet tours in Vietnam. For all of you foodies out there, that have heard so much about Vietnamese cuisine, coming to Vietnam to enjoy some special and traditional dishes such as Pho, Bun Cha or Bun Bo Nam Bo is an exquisite delight not to mention that we carefully chose all the best places in town for you to stay and dine.
All along with exploring new cultures, one of the great joys of travel is the discovery of new cuisines. To enjoy one of our Culture and Gourmet tours in Vietnam is to be ready to have a complete experience of Vietnamese culture: food, arts and historical places that we have combined with luxury benefits in the most sophisticated restaurants and 4-5 star accommodations.
Our signature tours
Nothing is more wonderful than experiencing Vietnamese culture reflected in the culinary life with our Culture and Gourmet Lux’s signature tours. Our signature tours are all about experiences. By choosing such tour you will experience the best of Vietnam from North to South while discovering the fascinating landscapes and taste traditional Vietnamese regional food in the best authentic restaurants. Furthermore that this wonderful dining adventures, you will also get to experience the excellence of Vietnam-style service.
After sampling the country’s finest cuisine, you will also have the chance to become your own chef as you take part in cooking classes all across the different regions.
The unforgettable Vietnamese flavors
Vietnamese food is different and certainly unforgettable. The cuisine is based on a balance of savory, sweet, sour and spicy flavors, obtained through the use of fish sauce, sugar cane, citrus juice or citrus calamari and chilies. The dishes use a lot of fresh herbs and tend not to be too spicy since chili sauces are served separately.
And for you to start whet your appetite, here are 10 must-try dishes in the Vietnamese cuisine.
10 dishes to try in Vietnam
- Pho : The star of the Vietnamese dishes is undoubtedly the famous Pho Bo soup. It is the national dish and the Vietnamese eat it also for breakfast. It’s a rice noodle soup with finite veal slices.
- Bún chả: One of the favorite dishes of foreigners when they come to Vietnam, is a combined dish of rice noodle, lettuce, minced pork, peanuts, pork strips, and vegetables. All that bathed in fish sauce. Tastes as good as it sounds!
- Spring rolls Cha Gio and Goi Cuon :Surely the easiest thing to identify and ask and even if you already know them, you have to try the two types of rolls you find in Vietnam, the Cha Gio (Rice paper roll, usually stuffed with minced pork, mushrooms with rice noodles and vegetables and eaten fried) and the Goi Cuon (Raw rice paper roll stuffed with vegetables, prawns and noodles. Serve at room temperature and dip in the fish sauce).
- Bun Rieu: a noodle soup with tomato and crab flavor served with crab meatballs and fried tofu. There are several variants of bun riêu, including bun riêu cua (crab), bun riêu cá (fish) and bun riêu ốc (snail).
- Cau Lau: a specialty of Hoi An that consists of rice noodles, bean sprouts and pork served in a soup flavored with mint and anise.
- Banh Xeo: The Ban Xeo is a stuffed pancake that according to the regions can be served medium or large size and contains several ingredients: vegetables, bean sprouts, prawns, basil, eggs, mint, pork, and more. One has to wrap the pancake in a leaf of rice and mix herbs and spices to your liking, making a roll that is then dipped in soy or fish sauce.
- White Roses: Another specialty of Hoi An, has the texture of ravioli steamed and comes stuffed with prawns or pork. They come covered with a crunchy cutlet and the accompanying sauce is unique: made of shrimp broth, chili, lemon, and sugar.
- Nem Lui : On the one hand it comes with vegetables, Vietnamese herbs, on the other hand, grilled pork that comes on a stick made in lemongrass you then take the rice paper to wrap it and make it like a spring roll. Once the roll is prepared, it is dipped in a special sauce that is made up of other ingredients of oil, shrimp paste, fish sauce, peanut, sugar, hoisin sauce and pork liver.
- Bún bò Huế : a popular Vietnamese soup that contains vermicelli of rice (bún) and beef (bò). This dish is much admired for its balance of spicy, sour, salty and sweet flavors and the predominant flavor is that of lemongrass. In comparison with phở or bun riêu, the noodles are thicker and more cylindrical. It includes thin slices of marinated and boiled beef, pieces of oxtail and pork knuckles. You can also include cubes of pig blood. Bun bò is served with lime wedges, coriander sprigs, chopped green onions, raw sliced onions, chili sauce, banana blossom, red cabbage, mint, basil, goat, and Vietnamese cilantro.
- Banh Mí : Legacy of the French it is the national baguette and it is very, very tasty. You can order it with pork, chicken, cow or also with paté or egg. Ideal for a snack or breakfast.
11. Extra: what’s for dessert in our Culture and Gourmet tours in Vietnam? Well, fruit in general is served and you should definitely try them all as fruits such as mango or pineapple are exquisite here, and you will rapidly see that there are a great variety of new discoveries to try such as dragon fruit (Thanh Long), Rambutan (Chom Chom)or dragon’s eye (Nhan).
The Chè dessert is also famously known throughout Vietnam. What is it? A curious sweet soup that has a pudding consistency, and is available in a wide variety of flavors. Its sweet but not too much and you can choose to have it cold or a bit hot.
For the traveler who is preparing his next trip to Vietnam, we hope this will be handy.
Know that our Culture and Gourmet tours are not exclusive to Vietnam. We have itineraries for all the 5 countries we work with and if you wish to know more about, check our articles about tastes of Thailand or Cambodia.
Luxury Travel Vietnam Ltd. offers a great emphasis on service and personalization in order to always provide authentic Luxury Holiday experiences. Vietnam, for example, is so full of amazing places and different dishes according to the region you are visiting. With our Culture and Gourmet tours, you will be able to experience the dining and cooking experience and access the most exclusive accommodations and luxury services all around Indochina just by talking to our experts. Contact us to customize your Culture and Gourmet holidays in Indochina.
Greetings, my name is Quynh Anh. I am an expert in everything of Southeast Asia as well as Vietnam! Being born and raised up in North Vietnam, I have a great deal of knowledge of my beloved country, and I’m always willing to turn my knowledge into customized trips for you. Creating a tailor-made trip with your interests and budget in mind is a privilege and honor and I am happy to make Vietnam a realizable travel destination for you. Come discover this beautiful pearl in the Southeast with us. You can leave me a question by filling this form.I will contact you as soon as possible.