(1) Four Seasons Hotel located on famed Rajadamri Road, has to be top of the list when it comes to ultimate all round superb luxury. From the hotel’s magnificent lobby, with the exquisite and beautifully hand painted silk ceiling, to the largest and very best lap pool in Bangkok. All the guest rooms are very spacious and extremely comfortable. This hotel also has the highest staff-to-guest ratio in the city and the staff’s attention to detail is world class so why not go and pamper yourself at the hotel’s wonderful state-of-the-art spa . Also close to many cultural sites and shopping malls. To view this luxury hotel go to Four Seasons Hotel http://www.fourseasons.com/bangkok/
(2) The Peninsula Hotel is a luxurious riverside establishment standing proud on the banks of the Chayo Phraya River. With the hotel’s reputation for superb attention to detail and service, this fairly new 37 story hotel has established itself as one of the finest in the city. You will have a wonderful panoramic view of Bangkok from any one of the luxury suites or rooms. Some of the many features here, include a fitness center with a gymnasium, sauna, spa and steam rooms. The Peninsula is within easy access to the business and shopping districts as well as the many attractions in the city. To view this luxury hotel go to Peninsula Hotel http://www.peninsula.com/Bangkok/en/default.aspx
(3) The Oriental Hotel is situated on the banks of the Chayo Phraya River and is rich in history as it is rich in contemporary luxury. It has been the most famous hotel in Bangkok for more than a century now. Here equally famous Hollywood celebrities like Charlie Chaplin, Rita Hayworth and the likes have graced their doors. The Oriental is filled with their stories and i am sure we would all like to hear some of them. The hotel is a classical case of the west meeting the east. Did you know that each of the 393 rooms have their own butler assigned to them. To view this hotel go to Oriental Hotel Bangkok http://www.mandarinoriental.com/bangkok/
(4) Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit hotel is perfectly located in the heart of Bangkok’s busy commercial, shopping and entertainment district. Situated close to all public transport including the BST Sky Train at Nana Station which is only about two minutes walk away. This top class hotel has all the luxury trappings coupled with first rate service right across the board. The extra large rooms have all the state-of-the-art facilities. Apart from the 128 luxurious rooms, there are also 239 fully equipped one and two bedroom apartments. There are also two restaurants, two bars, a fitness center, sauna and swimming pool. If you would like to view this luxury hotel go to Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit http://www.sheratongrandesukhumvit.com/
(5) Shangri-La Hotel is the largest of the 5 star luxury Bangkok hotels with all of their 799 superb spacious guest rooms facing on to the Chao Phraya River. First class service all round from the professional friendly and helpful staff including butlers who are willing to unpack your travel bags should you be tired after a long journey. Also a fantastic location allowing easy access to the city as adjacent to the hotel is the BTS Sky Train Station as well as the Sathorn Pier from where you can explore many of Bangkok’s attractions. To view this luxury hotel go to Shangri-La Hotel http://www.shangri-la.com/en/property/bangkok/shangrila
(6) The Banyan Tree Hotel and Spa is the second tallest hotel in Bangkok with many of the 216 luxury suites having separate living and working areas geared up for you should you travelling to Thailand on business. This hotel is situated right in the heart of Bangkok’s central business and embassy district. From here you will also have easy access to all of the city’s best attractions, entertainment and shopping. The view from the hotel’s roof top restaurant affords you a spectacular view over the city. To view this luxury hotel go to The Banyan Tree Hotel http://www.banyantree.com/en/bangkok/index.html
(7) The Conrad Hotel is another one of the many terrific modern world class Bangkok hotels. This one is opposite the US Embassy and very close to Bangkok’s Lumphini Park. Also right next door is a very stylish shopping mall with some great little eateries. This hotel is also within easy walking distance to the Phloen Chit BTS Sky Train station. A shuttle bus leaving the hotel every 10 minutes or so will take you there should you not want to walk. All of the spacious rooms and suites are luxuriously fitted in a contemporary Thai style using a combination of silk and natural wood. To view this luxury hotel go to The Conrad Hotel http://conradhotels1.hilton.com/en/ch/hotels/index.do?ctyhocn=BKKCICI
(8) The Millennium Hilton towers above the banks of the Chao Phraya River. This truly modern contemporary hotel has 543 exquisitely furnished guestrooms to help you relax while you gaze over majestic city views. For easy access, the hotel is just ten minutes away from the Saphan Taksin BTS Skytrain Station. Spend the day visiting the Temple of Dawn or the Reclining Buddha at the Royal Palace or stroll amongst the colourful stalls in Chinatown. All of these sites are in close proximity to the hotel. Why not spend the night relaxing with your favourite cocktail in the hotel’s exotic Zeta Bar on the 32 floor, an award winning entertaining pub. If you would like to view this luxury hotel go to The Millennium Hilton http://www1.hilton.com
(9) The Dusit Thani Hotel is one of the luxury Bangkok Hotels located in the heart of the nightlife entertainment area of Patpong the notorious red light district. This hotel features 517 luxuriously appointed guest rooms with elegant Thai design. The hotel is also opposite Lumphini Park with its broad boulevards and expanse of lakes where you might like to take a leisurely stroll. The BTS Skytrain and Subway System are all within easy walking distance as are many major business, shopping and entertainment areas. If you would like to view this luxury hotel go to Dusit Thani Hotel
(10) Grand Hyatt Erawan Hotel is the ultimate in 5 star Bangkok luxury resort style hotel accommodation. It is situated right in the heart of the city and located in the city’s business and commercial district near one of the most important landmarks in Bangkok called the Erawan Shrine. Erawan is the name given to the mythical three headed elephant of which you will see two six foot, three headed bronze elephants statues standing outside the hotel’s main entrance. This fine establishment is linked via a Sky Bridge to shopping centers such as Central World, Gaysorn and Siam Paragon as well as being close to a BTS Sky Train Station. If you would like to view this luxury hotel go to Grand Hyatt Erawan Hotel http://www.bangkok.grand.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp
Top 10 Pattaya Hotels and Resorts By Luxury Thailand Travel
(1) Marriott Resort & Spa (formerly known as Royal Garden Resort) is one of those fabulous Pattaya Hotels located on Pattaya Beach Road. It is a tropical oasis right in the heart of the action. This 293 room resort is set amidst 6 hectares (14 acres) of lush landscaped gardens and only a stones throw away from the beach. Also an excellent location for all your shopping, dining, and last but not least, the exotic nightlife. See you there. If you would like to view this resort go to Marriott Resort & Spa
(2) Dusit Thani Resort is located on a secluded stretch of beach at the northern tip of Pattaya Bay. This hotel offers a whole host of top class services including luxury spacious suites with private balconies giving you stunning beach views. Other facilities include the Dusit Club Room and the Duist Grand Room which allows you to mix a little business with pleasure. Up to 3,000 guests can be accommodated for seminars or conventions. Why not relax and enjoy a pre dinner cocktail at the Lagoon swim-up bar or the Chaba bar. After which you can dine at Pattaya’s finest Chinese restaurant or award winning Italian restaurant. If you would like to view this resort go to Dusit Thani Resort
(3) Sheraton Pattaya Resort is located in the secluded picturesque Phra Tamnak headlands looking directly out to Ko Larn (Coral Island) and the calm waters of it’s own beach. This resort hotel has a blend of traditional Thai and contemporary design in all of the 156 spacious rooms, of which 40 have even larger rooms with features such as bathtubs for two and outdoor pavilions. All have balconies overlooking stunning sea views and lush gardens. Why not book one of two exquisite villas where you can enjoy your own private plunge pool. Whether business or pleasure, come and escape to a perfect getaway in an idyllic location. To view this resort go to Sheraton Pattaya Resort http://www.starwoodhotels.com
(4) Woodlands Hotel & Resort is a beautiful resort located at the Northern end of Pattaya’s majestically curving bay. This small and charming family owned 4 star luxury oasis of comfort is set amid peaceful tropical gardens and two stunning pools. All 135 rooms are set in a 2 or 3 tier complex designed in a tastefully modern style with your absolute comfort in mind. There are various top class and spacious room styles to choose from. If you would like to view this resort go to Woodlands Hotel & Resort http://www.woodland-resort.com/
(5) Dor Shada Resort is a brand new resort located on Jomtien beach in Pattaya. This resort was designed and built using a very modern contemporary Thai style and to allow you the maximum in relaxing panoramic beach views pleasures. There are 172 beautifully appointed rooms and 16 luxurious villas to ensure your stay here should be the joyous occasion you have always dreamt of. Other facilities include a stunning pool with a pool bar, a fitness center and Jacuzzi. You need not feel left out of the resorts entertainment either as only a short distance away you will find the bustling downtown area. If you would like to view this resort go to Dor Shada Resort http://www.dor-shadaresort.com/
(6) Avalon Beach Resort is one of the superb luxury Pattaya Hotels set on the pristine sandy Dongtarn beach in Jomtien Bay. This most comfortable and fabulous beach resort is an oasis for lazy blissful days and calm balmy nights. Pamper yourself in one of the 112 square meter executive suites all with excellent views for gazing across the peaceful ocean. An ideal family resort with plenty of local entertainment and leisure activities to suit all ages and preferences. This resort also affords easy access to the vibrant coastal tourist town of Pattaya which is only a short distance away. If you would like to view this resort go to Avalon Beach Resort http://www.avalonbeachresort.com/
(7) The Royal Orchid Resort is located on Pattaya’s beautiful northern coastline and is the ultimate idyllic family getaway. All the 95 luxurious rooms and suites are set around beautiful tropical landscaped gardens with the beachfront only 120 meters away. This is one of the Pattaya Hotels and resorts that blend luxury and comfort with convenience as many of the outside amenities are located very near Pattaya Beach Road only a short distance away. Here you will be able to treat yourself to lots of yummy restaurants, loads of shopping and lots of vibrant entertainment. To view this resort go to Royal Orchid Resort http://www.royalorchidpattaya.com/
(8) Royal Cliff Resort is situated between Pattaya Bay and Jomtien Bay in a 64-acre lush tropical private estate overlooking the turquoise waters of the Gulf of Siam. This magnificent award-winning resort offers a choice of four 5-Star Pattaya hotels each with its own distinct style and ambiance. One is cheerful and vibrant, another secluded and tranquil, the third is refined and elegant and the last is exclusive and luxurious. The Royal Cliff Grand & Spa and the Royal Wing & Spa are two of the resorts most luxurious treatment centers where you can relax and unwind in true Thai style. If you would like to view this resort go to Royal Cliff Resort http://www.royalcliff.com/lng-english/
(9) The Hard Rock Hotel is one of those family Pattaya hotels over-looking the eastern shores of the Gulf of Thailand. This is the perfect location for fun in the sun. The hotel consists of 320 themed guestrooms and luxury suites that are designed and decorated in a vibrant pop style with music memorabilia typical of all Hard Rock outlets. There are six restaurants and bars where you can dine on either Thai, Chinese, Japanese, Californian and Italian cuisine. Numerous features here include a 2,000 square meter free-form swimming pool with private Cabanas, a Hard Rock Spa and Fitness Center, a Hard Rock Shop and many many more other leisure activities. To view this resort go to Hard Rock Hotel http://www.gardencliffpattaya.com/
(10) Garden Cliff Resort & Spa is a modern Thai style luxury resort located in a quiet residential area between Pattaya Bay and Jomtien Bay with direct access to a private beach. The resort offers 249 rooms spread over 2 low rise residences and features a huge swimming pool including a waterfall. There are 3 restaurants, 2 bars, a fitness center and a health spa to while away your leisure time. The Sanctuary of Truth, made entirely out of teak is within easy walking distance from the resort and a popular tourist attraction not to be missed. The main entertainment and shopping area is only minutes away by car. If you would like to view this resort go to Garden Cliff Resort http://www.gardencliffpattaya.com/
Top Luxury Hua Hin Hotels and Resorts
(1) Anantara Resort & Spa is one of the luxury Hua Hin Hotels located near the palace of Klai Kangwan and has the feeling that you are in an ancient Thai village. All of the 137 rooms have balconies or terraces with built in sofas overlooking a lush tropical garden setting. The entire property is set on 6 hectares (14 acres) and includes a free-form pool, a fitness center, tennis courts and the luxury Mandara Spa to spoil you every needs. To view this resort go to Anantara Resort & Spa http://www.anantara.com/
(2) Hilton Resort & Spa is set right on the beach at Hua Hin and features magnificent views over the ocean from your over sized room. Take a dive into the spectacular pool. Try a Thai herbal steam bath at the Spa to help you stay relaxed. Dine at the White Lotus Restaurant, one of the best Chinese eateries in Thailand. Take a romantic stroll on the beach at sunset. So much to do and so little time. The again, there’s always next year. If you would like to view this resort go to Hilton Resort & Spa http://www.huahin.bangkok.com/v-villas-hua-hin/
(3) Marriott Resort & Spa is a low rise resort which you will find directly on the long white sandy beach in the Gulf of Thailand at Hua Hin. This uncrowded beach retreat is the ideal place to spoil yourself in the tranquility at the resorts Spa, set amidst tropical gardens and a man made lagoon. If you would like to view this resort go to Marriott Resort & Spa http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/hhqmc/
(4) Sofitel Centara Grand Resort and Villas is a unique colonial-style architectural wonder set amidst 13 hectares of a very impressive landscaped tropical garden. This superb beachfront hotel comprises of 207 comfortably appointed rooms and 42 luxury villas. Facilities include five restaurants serving both local and international cuisine, three swimming pools, three conference rooms catering up to 300 guests, two putting greens, a spa, a fitness center and much much more. If you would like to view this resort go to Sofitel Centara Grand Resort and Villas http://www.sofitel.com/gb/hotel-0891-sofitel-centara-grand-resort-and-villas/index.shtml
(5) V Villas Hua Hin consists of 13 lavishly designed boutique villas each set amidst an exotic garden with their own private swimming pool and terrace. With over 1,000 square meters of floor space, the magnificent presidential villa comprises of a 3-bedroom ocean front residence with a private pool, luxurious bathrooms with jacuzzi, a fully equipped kitchen, a state-of-the art home theatre system, free wireless Internet and your own butler on call to take care of your every need. An ideal choice that can only be described as unsurpassed luxury and comfort. If you would like to view this resort go to V Villas Hua Hin http://www.huahin.bangkok.com/v-villas-hua-hin/
(6) Dusit Thani Hua Hin is one of the luxury Hua Hin Hotels with a magnificent 300 room beachfront location that combines lavish comfort with a classic traditional style. Beautifully furnished rooms gaze across an ornamental lake, a lily pond, a magnificent swimming pool and tropical gardens. Activities, facilities and entertainment include a shopping arcade, a fitness center, the Devarana Spa, two swimming pools, two squash courts, snooker & table tennis and a horse riding track. All this for pampering for an enjoyable stay. To view this resort go to Dusit Thani Hua Hin http://www.dusit.com/hotels/thailand/hua_hin/dusit_thani/index.html
(7) Asara Villa and Suites consists of a magnificent beach side Presidential Villa retreat with panoramic views over-looking a very pleasant Hua Hin beach. This villa has it’s own private beach area with a master bedroom pavilion, a family or guest room pavilion and an open-air living and dining pavilion complete with a leisure whirlpool and steam-sauna all surrounded by lush tropical landscapes.
There are one and two bedroom Pool Villas offering separate private entrances and include centrally located sunken living rooms with access to a private plunge-pools, sun decks and gardens as well as an exotic outdoor rain-showers. There are also Holiday and Deluxe Suites offering spacious guest rooms with high ceilings, large lounge areas, over-sized bathrooms with indoor and outdoor rain-showers and bathtubs. Ground level suites have a tropical garden view and second level suites overlook a lagoon and swimming pool. To view this resort go to Asara Villa and Suites
(8) Six Senses Hideaway Hua Hin, Thailand is one of the top luxury Hua Hin.
Located in South of Hua Hin on the verdant coast of the Gulf of Siam, Six Senses Hideaway is the resort boutique concept allows for uncompromised standards of luxury, with ample personal space and a commitment to the environment.
All 55 romantic pool villas, dotted throughout the lush property, are connected by brick pathways that extend from the welcome area, through avenues of palm trees and tropical plantings, to the seafront.
The resort offers a wide range of recreational facilities and activities. These include tennis, water sports, gymnasium, and trekking and nature trails. A professionally managed kids’ club provides its own swimming pool and delightful activities to keep children entertained all day.
Top 10 Phuket Hotels and Resorts
(1) Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort is a huge 470 room 5 Star Resort, located on Phuket’s west coast and set amidst 40 acres of lush vegetation in a secluded cove. As a guest here, you will also have access to what is effectively, the resorts own private beach which is in a small bay midway between Patong and Karon beaches. You will also be entertained here with all year round activities including a glitzy variety show every night. Kids can amuse themselves at the discovery center on the premises which makes this an ideal family resort. For the rest of us there are two huge swimming pools, four tennis courts, two air-conditioned squash courts, ten restaurants and the list goes on. Please do enjoy! To view this resort go to Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort http://www.phuket.com/meridien/
(2) Amanpuri Resort Phuket is one of the Phuket Hotels and resorts that is luxury, luxury, luxury with a big capital “L”. There are 40 pavilion and 30 villa houses set in a coconut grove over looking the Andaman Sea. The magnificent surroundings, personal service, exquisite cuisine and a wide variety of activities, make this a truly splendid resort that would surly have you coming back for more. PS: This resort also has a private fleet of 20 cruises and sailing crafts for you to enjoy. To view go to Amanpuri Resort
(3) Banyan Tree Phuket is located on the shores of Bang Tao Bay on the northwest side of Phuket Island. Some 20 minute drive from Phuket International Airport and 25 minute drive to Phuket town. Truly one of the finest resort hotels in all of Asia and certainly one of the very best in Thailand. There are 108 individual bungalows encircling a large lagoon, some with private outdoor pools and some with lush gardens. Come and experience the peace and tranquility in this perfect romantic getaway. To view this resort go to Banyan Tree Phuket http://www.banyantree.com/en/phuket/index.html
(4) The Racha is a truly splendid island hideaway situated not on Phuket Island but on the pristine Batok beach on the idyllic Racha Yai Island just south of Phuket and approximately one hour away by boat from Ao Chalong. This fabulous resort features 69 luxurious and spacious deluxe villas all with open-air bathrooms as well as your own private terrace set right on the white sandy beach. The resort is rapidly becoming the place to be seen for the rich and famous, so if you’ve got the bucks, splurge on the luxurious pool villa. Other features are too numerous to mention. Why not indulge yourself. I could easily live here! If you would like to view this resort go to The Racha http://www.theracha.com/
(5) The Chedi Resort on Phuket Island is an elegant hillside resort situated on the coast of Pansea Beach just north of Patong. This resort is nestled under a canopy of coconut groves that gently descends down to the crystalline waters of the Andaman coast. There are 89 one-bedroom and 19 two-bedroom spacious thatched cottages all with handcrafted teak floors, secluded sun decks and private veranda’s. The whole resort is linked by intricate wooden walkways which requires some focus when returning late at night. A lovely tranquil getaway spot for the whole family with only 20 minutes from Patong. If you would like to view this resort go to The Chedi Resort
(6) Dusit Laguna Resort is one of the leading Phuket Hotels and Resorts situated on Bang Tao Beach and just 22 kilometers from Phuket’s international airport. This 5 star Resort is set amidst a lush tropical garden and features 226 beautifully appointed bright and spacious guest rooms and suites all with private balconies. Facilities here include a fantastic swimming pool, tennis courts, a recreation center with a games room and a smart little club for the kid’s. You can also spend leisure time at the fitness center as well as the Angsana Spa. If you would like to view this resort go to Dusit Laguna Resort
(7) JW Marriott Resort & Spa is just north of Phuket’s international airport and the only resort set amidst 11 hectares of lush tropical gardens on the remote Mai Khao beach. It is also adjacent to the Sirinath Marine National Park and a sea turtle nesting area. ( see my page on Phuket Festivals) This superb low-rise sanctuary consists of 265 beautifully appointed over-sized rooms, 3 swimming pools, an award-winning spa, a Thai cooking school and a 2-level fitness center. And for the kids there is an on-site KIDSWORLD offering a variety of activities for children guaranteed to keep them amused for hours. If you would like to view this resort go to JW Marriott Resort & Spa http://www.jwmarriottphuket.com/
(8) Mom Tri’s Boathouse is an small internationally renowned luxurious boutique resort situated directly on the quiet end of Kata beach thus making it one of the perfect settings for all you romantics as you gaze across the ocean’s calm waters while watching the setting sun. In addition to the two new pool villas which come complete with your own butler service, there are 36 elegantly designed and very comfortable rooms and suites. This resort is also famous for it’s award wining Wine and Grill Restaurant. See my reviews on my Phuket Restaurant Guide page. To view this resort go to Mom Tri’s Boathouse
(9) The Cape Panwa Hotel is an absolute gem and one of the best luxury Phuket Hotels and Resorts tucked away in a quiet corner in the southeast end of the island located in the secluded bay of Cape Panwa overlooking the Andaman Sea. If it helps, this is the same resort that Leonardo Di Caprio stayed at while filming some to the scenes from the movie THE BEACH some years back. There are a total of 245 rooms all elevated from the beach affording you some excellent views across the bay from your balcony to the Phi Phi Islands. If you would like to view this resort go to Cape Panwa Hotel http://www.capepanwa.com/
(10) Club Andaman Beach Resort is one of those large luxury Phuket Hotels and Resorts set on 10 acres of beautiful manicured tropical gardens complete with coconut palms. This magnificent sanctuary is located a short 2 minute walk from the resort at the quiet northern end of Patong Beach yet it is also conveniently close to the vibrant nightlife area. There are a total of 258 rooms including many set in thatched roof cottages dotted around the grounds. The numerous excellent facilities provide the perfect haven and absolute relaxation for all the whole family.To view this resort go to Club Andaman Beach Resort
TOP Hotels and Resorts In Chang Mai, Thailand
1. Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi is a super luxury 5 star Hotel set amongst 60 acres of beautiful natural landscape. Just imagine yourself in one of the splendid villas set in the middle of a paddy field, while you enjoy a relaxing hour or two in the outdoor jacuzzi. Could not get better than this or could it. Why not pamper yourself in the hotel’s world class spa or enjoy a meal beneath rain trees on the terrace in one of the three private pavilions. The perfect settings for a romantic getaway.
2. Four Seasons Resort is a 5 star resort set amongst terraced rice fields and the beautiful mountains of the Mae Rim Valley. When construction first began at this luxurious resort in the 1990’s, the locals laughed at the idea of anyone having to pay such a high price to stay in Chiang Mai. Well the owners are now having the last laugh. But to stay here, you will need to book well in advance as it is near impossible to get a room during the high season. There are 64 suites with a minimum of 70 sq meters (750 sq ft) and all have teak floors, Thai cotton furnishings and CD sound systems. http://www.fourseasons.com/chiangmai/
Shangri La Hotel is one of the fairly new Chiang Mai hotels that was only recently completed in December 2007. Situated in a beautiful landscaped setting with a large free form pool, surrounded by lush plant life to help you really unwind. This hotel is very close to the old city and night market which makes it ideal for getting around the town.
Garden Resort Bungalows in Chiang Mai, Thailand are wonderful luxury self catering bungalows for daily, weekly and monthly rentals. The resort is approximately 10 kilometers or 6 miles outside Chiang Mai and set in the middle of rice and sweet potato fields. This small but quiet private resort is also surrounded by palm trees and water parties.
Le Méridien Chiang Mai is perfectly located on Chang Klan Road, Le Méridien Chiang Mai is in the heart of the central business district with easy access to the famous Night Bazaar and seven kilometres from Chiang Mai’s domestic and international airport.
The 384 sophisticated guest rooms with stunning views overlooking the majestic Doi Suthep Mountain, are the ideal blend of historical and modern, with hi-tech touches such as High Speed Internet access and a high-definition LCD TV for today’s traveller. Two restaurants and two bars offer a variety of dining experience inspired by international and Italian culinary. Exotic cocktails, fruit infusions, a wide range of coffees, and a selection of light snacks may be found at our two bars.
A new way of seeing things awaits your discovery at Le Méridien Chiang Mai, where local and regional inspiration reflects both its European heritage and authentic northern Thai style. http://www.chiangmai.bangkok.com/lemeridien-chiangmai/
Top Phi Phi Hotels and Resorts
(1) Holiday Inn Resort is a secluded resort located on Laem Thong Beach, facing Bamboo and Mosquito Islands. Away from the crowds, this resort is ideally situated for swimming, snorkeling or scuba diving in the warm waters or just relaxing on the pearly white beach. The resort is also the ideal romantic setting, known for the many weddings that take place here each year. The resort will take care of everything for you on this special occasion. How’s that. A word of warning though there is little night life here, but a 45 minute long boat ride will take you to the main town on Phi Phi Don Island if a little action is required. To view Holiday Inn Resort
(2) Zeavola Resort is a new secluded boutique resort and spa located at Laem Thong Beach on the northern most tip of Phi Phi Don Island. The name “Zeavola” gets it’s name from the exotic Scaevola Taccada Tree (half flower tree), which means “love the sea”. The luxurious thatched bungalows have over-sized beach front suites and therefore offer the perfect getaway to relax, recharge and reinvigorate. There are however some less expensive garden and hill-side suites should you require. There are two restaurants here as well as a beautiful pool and spa. This resort can be reached from either Phuket or Krabi and will take approximately 1 hour by speed boat. To view this hotel go to Zeavola Resort
(3) Phi Phi Island Village Resort is situated at Loh Bagao Bay on the islands eastern shores. Set amidst lovely coconut palms and lush vegetation as well as being the perfect backdrop to a stunning white beach and azure waters. Go and pamper yourself at the Wana spa and sauna where you can enjoy a private therapeutic massage or anyone of a wide range of beauty treatments. Arrangements can be made for you to be transported from either Phuket or Krabi in one of the resorts luxury owned cruisers. To view this hotel go to Phi Phi Island Village Resort
(4) Phi Phi Island Cabana Hotel is one of the superb Phi Phi hotels nestled between the two beautiful big bays of Ton Sai and Loh Dalum. Situated on 18 acres of prime land, this fabulous resort hotel is not only the first luxury resort built here but also the best known hotel on the island. Each of the 162 spacious rooms offer pure luxury in a low-rise beach setting decorated with a modern oriental style affording breathtaking panoramic views of both Phi Phi Island and the Andaman Sea. To view this hotel go to Phi Phi Island Cabana Hotel
(5) Phi Phi Island Arayaburi Resort comprises of 30 large individual villas all with private balconies affording you some spectacular ocean views across Ton Sai Bay. Although this resort is situated on the hilly terrain of Laem Hin which does require a short climb, the convenience and sheer beauty of it’s location are soon forgotten. The surrounding area is covered by a natural rain-forest, exotic flora and lush gardens. In the front of the resort lies a 380 metre wide pure white sandy beach. To view this hotel go to Phi Phi Island Arayaburi Resort
(6) Bayview Phi Phi Beach Resort is situated adjacent to it’s sister Arayaburi Resort (see above) and consists of 70 split level bungalows on the hilly terrain of Laem Hin with the same panoramic ocean views across Ton Sai Bay and Phi Phi Lei Island. This resort affords a private beach, a free form swimming pool with a swim-up bar and jacuzzi as well as a diving school. A short 15 minute walk from the pier and the heart of Phi Phi village, makes this one of the most convenient Phi Phi hotels in which to enjoy a relaxing vacation. To view this hotel go to Bayview Phi Phi Beach Resort
Top Luxury Ko Samui Hotels and Resorts
This is my hotel guide to some of the most magnificent luxury Ko Samui Hotels and Resorts with superb facilities equal to the very best in the world. I have not had the opportunity to stay in as many of these as i would have liked, but i am definitely working on it. Perhaps i too, will be able to stay over at any one of them soon and i cannot wait. I shall invite you to join me as we uncover many of these truly exquisite temporary homes of ours. Okay then lets get started.
(1) Buri Rasa Village Resort & Spa is a splendid boutique type resort just south on Chaweng beach and only 15 minutes from the airport. This enchanting classical southern style Thai village resort offers you a beach front setting whilst sipping your favorite cocktail beside the pool or taking a romantic stroll along the long pearly white beach. The rooms four-poster beds and covered terraces only add to a feeling of space and tranquility, as if in your own private sanctuary. Have a pleasant stay here.
The resort’s website seems to have disappeared recently so here is their address instead: 11/2 Moo 2, Chaweng Beach, Koh Samui, Suratthani 84320. I will inform you when the resort comes online again.
(2) Amari Palm Reef Resort is situated at Ko Samui’s most charming Chaweng beach. This elegant traditional Thai style resort has spacious comfortable rooms and an unrivaled service reputation. For the perfect romantic honeymoon getaway or the relaxing family holiday, you are sure to find more than you imagined. Facilities include two stunning beach front swimming pools, a fitness and diving center, a full range of body treatments at the Siuara spa and some very fine dinning on local Thai and international cuisine at one of the restaurants. If you would like to view this resort go to Amari Palm Reef Resort
(3) Le Royal Meridien Baan Taling Ngam Resort & Spa is situated on a hilltop overlooking the islands of Aug Thong Marine National Park from Ngam Beach on Ko Samui’s secluded western shores. Not the best of beaches because of the course sand here, but the amazing views from your luxurious traditional Thai style guest-room, suite or villa more than makes up for it. Besides, Chaweng Beach is not far off. This resort offers complimentary transfers to and from the airport. If you would like to view this resort go to Le Royal Meridien Baan Taling Ngam Resort & Spa
Top 10 Krabi Hotels and Resorts
(1) Rayavadee Resort is an exclusive boutique resort located on the spectacular tropical Phra Nang peninsular. This sumptuous resort is discreetly landscaped alongside three stunning beaches, lots of lush vegetation and sheer rock formations. An ideal setting for swimming, snorkeling and scuba diving. An ideal destination for rock climbing, kayaking and if you like, elephant trekking can even be arranged. This resort also has tennis courts, a sauna and spa. To view this Krabi hotel and resort go to Rayavadee Resort
(2) Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort is a beautiful beachfront property situated on the almost exclusive 1.8 kilometer Klong Muang beach. Get away from it all and enjoy a feeling afar from the madding crowds while you relax at the stunning sea-facing pool.You can expect all the luxury facilities a Sheraton resort offers including the exclusive Mandara Spa for total pampering. This comfortable traditional Thai designed resort with 246 rooms is set amongst 16 hectares of exquisite landscaped gardens and oh! so quiet. To view this resort go to Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort
(3) Islanda Village Resort is the only hotel resort on the small island of Koh Klang in the Krabi province. Krabi town is just a short 20 minute long-tail boat ride away. This magnificent resort is designed in the southern style of a fishing village with all 30 luxurious bungalows overlooking a quiet beach across the gentle waters of the Andaman sea. Your only neighbours are the ever present friendly fishermen. Here you can enjoy all the creature comforts you would expect from a top resort as well ashaving the tranquility of relaxing on what seems to be your own private resort island. To view this resort go to Islanda Village Resort
(4) Pakasai Resort & Spa is a lovely comfy luxurious resort situated on a hillside overlooking Ao Nang beach and the calm waters of the Andaman sea. This picture perfect resort lies beside the Noppharat Thara National Park so each of the Chalet style rooms are surrounded by a lush garden setting with lots of exotic plants and tropical flowers. Relax whilst listening to the sweet sounds of cascading waters as they find their way down to the forest pools within the complex. To view go to Pakasai Resort & Spa
(5) Rawi Warin Resort & Spa is situated on Koh Lanta island about 70 kilometers or 45 miles from the town of Krabi. This magnificent luxurious accommodation is set atop a lush green hillside overlooking the majestic Klong Tob Bay. You can relax in your own private pool at one of the luxury villas or take in the breath-taking view of the calm sea from one of the deluxe rooms. No matter what your choice is, you will be able to totally unwind in this peaceful secluded hideaway while feeling the rejuvenating and reinvigorating effects at the Chuan Spa, the very best on the island. To view this Krabi hotel resort go to Rawi Warin Resort & Spa
(6) Pimalai Resort and Spa has the ideal setting if you are a honeymoon couple or if you would just like to escape the noise and confusion of city life. This little beauty is nestled in a lush tropical forest which occupies acres of tropical vegetation. You will also have direct access to what seems like miles of pristine soft white sandy beach. This resort comprises of 121 rooms ranging from deluxe rooms to beach and pool villas, all magnificently appointed with five star comforts and stunning views over the Ba Kan Tiang bay and beach. To view go to Pimalai Resort and Spa
(7) Amari Vouge Resort is a brand new Lanna style resort with 57 guestrooms in a five star luxurious setting overlooking the magnificent Tub Kaek beach. In this absolutely peaceful sanctuary you will be able to spot some beautiful islands from across the sparkling blue sea . Why not pamper yourself at the resorts Sivara Spa with a tempting selection of facial and body treatments or just laze around in the pool or soak away all life’s stresses in your own private jacuzzi. Superb facilities and friendly and attentive staff make this an ideal getaway. If you would like to view this resort go to Amari Vouge Resort
(8) Nakamanda Resort & Spa is a modern 41 room luxury resort with a traditional Thai style design set in a lush landscape of forested jungle and magnificent beaches. Enjoy the peace and tranquility from the terrace of one of the large superb villas which are all well equipped with the ultimate state-of-the-art facilities. Set right on the beach is the Kitchen a-la-carte restaurant where you can enjoy both Thai and international cuisine. I would also not forget a visit to the Naga Spa for a rejuvenating massage. An absolute must. This resort is located just 40 kilometres from the Krabi International Airport. To view this resort go to Nakamanda Resort & Spa
(9) Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Resort is an award winning boutique resort located right on Tubkaak beach overlooking the Hong Islands and close to the Kao Hang Nak Natural Forest. All the 44 stunning villas style rooms have a modern styling incorporating both eastern and western design. These stylish interiors include an oriental bathroom which is open to the sky. This resort is set in a superb tropical garden location overlooking the sea with awe inspiring views. To view go to Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Resort
(10) The Layana Resort & Spa is another fine example of Thai perfection in hospitality. This magnificent resort is set on a stunning beachfront location on Koh Lanta Yai Island in Mu Koh Lanta National Park. The beach here is in fact 3 kilometers long with the purest of white soft sand to take you on that long sun setting stroll. Come and rediscover the art of relaxing in one of the very best Krabi hotels and resorts. If you would like to view this resort go to Layana Resort & Spa